Saturday, November 13, 2010

Recent phone pictures

Heaven in a glass:

It's a layered iced americano, using Peet's Espresso Forte blend (or maybe Major Dickason's--I can't remember). I have Peet's shipped once every 6 weeks or so for a treat, even though my husband gets free pounds from Starbucks. I use some of the Starbucks coffee, but we also give it away.

We have a home espresso maker--a good one--and it have saved us a lot of money, especially since I can't seem to find a really good coffee shop in this town. I mixed a shot with some vanilla sugar (i.e. sugar that has vanilla beans hanging out in it), added a tish of water, added the ice, poured some half n' half slowly, and then added the last two shots by pouring them gently over the back of the spoon. It's similar to the way you make a layered latte. I can't say that it tasted any different than if I'd just mixed it all together in the first place, but I felt like I'd given myself a real treat.



Boy as Wall-E:
This was boy's Halloween costume. He knew exactly what he wanted to be this year, and I think he looks adorable.


Autumn on campus (it turns out that leaves really do change into colors other than green, less green, and brown):

3 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!! That's so freakin' PRETTY ! - H.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come visit me and I'll make you one. A nice and toasty hot one in a big fancy glass...

    Move here, and I'll make you one EVERY DAY.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, were you talking about the coffee or the tree? I don't think I can make you an autumnal tree in a big fancy glass--certainly not every day. Deal's off :P

    ReplyDelete